– After a free consultation ( 1 Hour ), once permission has been given to start preliminary research into a particular name I will start at an agreed time ( usually within 6 weeks.)
– If within a few hours of me starting the preliminary research, it becomes apparent that for whatever reason the line cannot be traced, work will cease with no fee.
– If after initial preliminary research I feel I can progress with the family line, I will make contact with you and ask you to officially request myself to undertake the work stated. I will ask you to sign and date a sheet detailing the work and the terms and conditions associated with it.
– A non-refundable deposit of £100.00 will be required at this time, once I have received this a receipt and confirmation will be sent to you and work will begin.
– When work has been completed ( one ancestral line usually 3 weeks ) I will deliver the whole package where the final payment will be required.
– Information gathered and illustrated remains property of Family Discovery until full payment has been received.
– All personal information taken from yourself is treated with the up most confidentiality. No information or details of you or your ancestry is passed on to a third party. Nor are your details used for promotional or marketing purposes without your prior written authority.
– Payment/deposits to be made by cash, cheque, Paypal or bank transfer.
– When researching Scottish or Irish ancestry an extra £50.00 supplement may be required, charged separately to the commission package price.
– Scottish birth, death & marriage certificates are £16.00 each and Irish ones are £22.00 each, which are charged separately to a commission package price.
– When undertaking photo restoration we require a good quality scanned image, that is either emailed to me or copied on to a disc. This is to maximise the chance of a reasonable repair outcome.
– If located within the local Scarborough or Driffield area, I will endeavour to pick an original photo and return it as soon as possible.
– No original photos to be sent through the post please.
– A deposit of 20% is required for photo restoration.
– Once photo restoration is complete the final payment is required.
– The time and prices for photo restoration, is only a guide, each photo repair is priced individually by myself, as every repair is different and unique.
– Only when a price is agreed in writing and a deposit is received will work begin to repair the picture.
– The research produced is only as accurate as the starting information given.
– Providing starting information is valid and accurate, every effort is taken to trace
the line from that point, using the transcribed census records. ( transcribed records are sometimes open to interpretation, due to the old and damaged nature of the original documents.)
– A small “family discovery” logo & copyright warning is printed on front of the scrolls.
– IGI records & parish records (usually pre 1837) provided by familysearch.org and other Genealogical sites are transcribed records and only checking the original parish records locally can the IGI records be double checked for accuracy.
– Sometimes the ordering of birth, death or marriage certificates is necessary in the preliminary stages of an investigation in order to prove an ancestral line. These certificates are £14.00 each..( for English certificates ) These certificates are charged separately to the commission package price.
– Copying, scanning, photocopying or reproducing of scrolls is strictly prohibited. All work is subject to copyright. Copyright statements are printed at the bottom of scrolls.
– Free consultations are only offered to residents of Scarborough and Driffield and the surrounding districts.